Monday, October 11, 2010

The Value of Friends

I believed that one of the most undervalued relationships are friends.  There are many that say that they don't need friends and if you are one of those people you are probably dysfunctional.  I simply love my true friends.  There is nothing like having a burden or a problem and you can speak to a true friend.  I am amazed that people will throw away years of friendship over silly stuff.  My best friend (and he will remain nameless) I would not sell him out for anything.  It is a dangerous thing to be close to a person who does not value you.  You don't abuse your friends, you don't put them in uncomfortable situations, you don't talk about them to others, and you don't exploit their weaknesses.  Even Jesus understood the value of friends when he said "I no longer call you servants but I call you friend".  Friendship is the highest level of human relationship.  I know that many would say that marriage is but I disagree.  The divorce rate is over 50 % because people don't marry their friends.  My wife is my friend.  She was my friend before married and she is my best friend now.  Friends don't judge, they just listen.  The bible says that if a man wants friends he must show himself friendly.  Showing yourself friendly is not just smiling and being polite.  It's also about showing oneself to be faithful, discreet, compassionate, a good listener, interested in you and your family's well-being.  I watch how people treat other people and that is how I determine if they will make me a quality friend.  For instance if you have a friends that like to talk about people, they are probably talking about you too.  A snake is a snake at all times.  Even when a snake is sleeping he is still a snake.  YOU SHALL KNOW THEM BY THEIR FRUIT.  Beware of people who stay in mess because if you hang long enough you will smell like them.  If you have a good friend and you really love them, give them a call and let them know

1 comment: